The Serial event specifies the action that occurs when the device receives input from the serial port.
Use this section to configure serial port communications:
- Port: Select a serial port to configure. Most standard serial devices enumerate on port 0 (on the HO523, they will enumerate on port 1).
- Baud rate: Set the baud rate for serial communications on the port.
- Data bits: Set the number of data bits.
- Parity: Set the parity.
- Stop bits: Select the number of stop bits.
- Protocol: Determine whether the serial data is formatted as Binary or ASCII.
- Send EOL: Select the end-of-line character when sending data to a serial device.
- Receive EOL. Select the end-of-line character when receiving data from a serial device.
- Invert Signals: Check this box to invert the TX/RX signal levels on the serial port.