This icon is used to change the view type between 2 options: icons and details. Concepts and procedures are the same, choose which one you like most!
The supported Social Networks are: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
According with the policy usage of each Social Network it is possible to:
- Get posts of Facebook public pages using an administator account.
- Search Instagram post by hashtag from using a business account.
- Get Instagram public profiles images using an administrator account.
- Get Tweets from of a Twitter public user.
- Get Tweets from Twitter using an hashtag.
Click on “Add” button to create a feed of the related Social Network.
Every time a feed is created a login into the Social Network is required. The connection to Social Networks is controlled and managed by the SocialMedia-Connector application.
Facebook and Instagram login
Please login with a valid Facebook account when it is required. At the first login the user can select which Pages can be managed from SocialMediaConnector. If the Pages are connected to Instagram the user can select which Instagram business profiles can be manages from SocialMediaConnector.
Warning: SocialMediaConnection application only access to Facebook pages and Instagram Profiles in read-only mode. The application does not publish, edit or delete post. The user login credentials and the SocialConnector settings are safely stored by Facebook.
The "change settings" buttons allows to change in any moment the list of the Facebook pages and Instagram business profile managed by SocialMediaConnector.
Please login with a valid Twitter account when it is required. At the first login the user gives to SocialMediaConnector required the permission to get the tweets from Twitter.
Warning: SocialMediaConnection application only access to public Twitter profiles in read-only mode. The application does not publish, edit or delete tweet. The user login credentials and the SocialConnector settings are safely stored by Twitter.
Setup a feed
Wheh the login has successful the user according with the selected Social Network can:
- Select the Facebook pages where to get the published post. If a your Facebook pages is not listed, please use "change settings" button to update the list of the pages managed by SocialMediaConnector.
- Get posts from Instagram profile or seach them using hashtag. If a yout Instagram business profile is not listed, please use "change settings" button to update the list of the business profiles managed by SocialMediaConnector.
- Get tweets from Twitter profile or seach them using hashtag.
It is important to assign the created feed to one o more channels in order to start the downloading of the messages.
Every 15 minutes SocialMediaConnector checks for new messages and downloads them. This interval cannot be changed in order to don't exceed the usage rate limit of the Social network api.
The above table shows for each feed its status:
- Running: means that the posts downloading has success.
- Error: means that something goes wrong. Press over it to get more error details.
In “Moderation“, you can select (approve/reject) the best from the downloaded posts.
You can flag the message auto approval icon to automatically approve all messages that do not contain bad words.
You can import a dictionary of bad words for any supported language or add particular bad words manually (Path: Moderation/Bad words).
Display settings (Social Wall, Social Slide, Social Mosaic)
In order to customize the display of the social messages, please visit the player settings and find the tab "Social messages".
Inside the tab, you can set the display mode (Social Wall, Social Slide or Social Mosaic) and other parameters like display duration, color, style, etc.
If you need more information, don't hesitate to contact us.